- – Using the Xero Budget Manager, we created 15 new budgets – linked to the relevant tracking category, and imported the budget information (note – the key here is to do an export for each of the departmental managers, and ask them to complete in the format provided, this way there is no double entry of data)
- – We opened a (new) Profit & Loss report
– The report was customized by adding in the 15 budget columns – one for each departmental budget. We assigned short names to each column heading.
– The original column was deleted, which was the P&L by date range selected.
– One final formula column was added at the end, which added up the 15 budget columns
– We added in a few text blocks and schedules as needed
– The report was saved as a , so the staff could access this at their leisure from the reports menu
Voila! There you have it – no need to do detailed budgets outside of Xero any longer – isn’t it lovely to only enter data ONCE?
Please do give us a call if you need any help putting together your customized budget package!