Recently CloudCounting became a Registered Tax Agent with the Tax Practitioners Board. Hurrah! We received our notification from the TPN of the registration. Then … nothing.
So, if you are lucky enough to have received your registration, we thought we would step you through how to get your Tax or BAS portal set up. We hope this helps as we couldn’t find any websites or instructions to step us through the process. After about five calls to the ATO, we finally figured it out.
- If you haven’t done so already, register for an Auskey using the ABN of the entity that was awarded the registration. Registering for an Auskey is a stand alone process and not covered here.
- If you then logon to the Tax or BAS portal, it will say that you have no permissions. Here is how to set up the permissions.
- Log in to the Auskey Access Manager by clicking here. Use your Auskey and nominated password to Login.
- Click on Access and Permissions on the left hand panel.
- Click on Tax Practitioner Access
- Put a tick in your agent number – this will link your name to your agent registration
- Click on Access and Permission again
- Click on your name
- Tick on all the functions you wish to see (if you are the owner, you would most likely tick everything) and Save.
- Exit, and log on to the portal – you should have full access now.
If you use Xero Practice Manager, you will also have to get yourself registered for SBR and ELS lodgements. SBR is pretty easy, you can do this via Access Manager by clicking on My Hosted SBR Software, or call the ATO and register that way by following the instructions listed there.
You may also have to register for ELS, as currently this is the only way to lodge PITR and CU (client update) forms. If you need this functionality, you will need to complete an application form with the ATO. Processing time is seven to ten working days. You must fax this in (yes, I said fax).
We hope this has helped you register and set up for the Tax and BAS agent portal!
The Team from CloudCounting