After you issue your PAYG summaries no later than 14th July, you may discover that you have made a mistake. Generally, one of the following happens:
1. An employee comes to you to point out an error they have noted. The most common errors tend to be you have included an allowance in gross wages by mistake when it should be disclosed as an allowance.
2. The accountant for the employee notes a problem with the PAYG summary.
3. You get a phone call from the ATO saying there is a discrepancy between the PAYG summary lodged and the IAS/BAS lodged.
In any case, you must amend the PAYG summaries.
Amended PAYG Summary in MYOB
1. Fix the error in MYOB.
2. Move through the Print Payment Summary process, re-issue the employee’s payment summary.
3. Currently, it is not possible to create an amended EMPDUPE.A01 file in MYOB. You will need to go to order new forms online via the ATO or you can call the re-order forms ATO phone number.
4. The form you need to order is NAT 3447-02.2014
5. Ensure you tick the box at the top of the form that says “If you are amending a PAYG Summary statement that you have already sent, please tick this box”.
6. You must report all of the new group totals and attach each individual PAYG summary statement.
7. Post into the ATO
Amended PAYG Summary in Xero
1. Go to Payroll | Employees | Payment Summaries
2. Navigate to the employee that needs to be corrected and click unpublish
3. Fix the mistake by creating a new (unscheduled) payroll run.
4. Go back into the payment summary area, find employee, click publish
5. Select yes to produce an amended payment summary
6. You can create a new EMPDUPE.A01 file and resubmit to the ATO through your business portal, or post it in using a magnetic media summary
Good luck and if you need any help please call CloudCounting on 04 266 CLOUD or click here to book an appointment. We can provide assistance to you all over Australia to help your business reissue a payment summary.