Wow – so much information to absorb from all the varied sessions at XeroCon. While it is still fresh in my mind, I thought I would list some the changes we will be making in our practice as a result of our XeroCon experience.
1. The future of the accounting profession is value based pricing. Not only does fixed fee simplify the billing process, it paves the way for a clear set of expectations from both the client and the service provider. CloudCounting will be implementing Practice Ignition to help us clarify our engagements and introduce fixed fee pricing.
2. All Cloud based accountants and integrators must continually learn. Conferences, webinars, social media are the key to understanding the main players in each add on niche and making the best recommendations for our clients. We will be allocating a fixed amount of time each week to ensure all of our staff are doing professional development.
3. The modern firm needs a good social media presence to attract new clientele. This means being present on all the main social media platforms plus having a website that illustrates our point of difference. CloudCounting will be actively contributing to Facebook forums and tweeting up a storm!
4. Networking is non negotiable. We need to continually teach and learn from each other to stay current in this evolving accounting technology platform. CloudCounting will be attending Xero Mastermind groups, XeroCon, and other accounting conferences. We will make a great effort to network with our peers in Brisbane and globally. We will not be afraid to ask for help from subject matter experts and refer when necessary.
5. We are so lucky to be part of this exciting change in our profession. We must remember to have fun and pay it forward whenever possible.
If you would like to connect, we would love to hear from you. You can find us at @CloudCountingAU or on our website www.cloudcounting.com.au